If homeschooling were illegal, what would have happened to these famous people throughout history who were homeschooled as children?
- Artists Leonardo da Vinci and Claude Monet
- Comedians Charlie Chaplin and Whoopi Goldberg
- Composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Irving Berlin
- General George Patton
- Inventors Alexandar Graham Bell and Thomas Edison
- Jazz Musician Louis Armstrong
- Photographer Ansel Adams
- President Abraham Lincoln
- Scientist Albert Einstein
- Singers LeAnn Rimes and Michael Card
- Statesmen Winston Churchill and Benjamin Franklin
- Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor
- Writers Agatha Christie and C. S. Lewis
It’s no wonder that homeschooled kids usually have a greater motivation and excitement to learn, not just academically but in all areas/matters of life. Homeschoolers learn at their own pace, with learning tailored to their unique personalities, and in less stressful situations. All studies point toward homeschoolers having superior academic results.
It’s no wonder that homeschooled kids actually have a more healthy social life, because they are less clique-y, develop less racial discrimantion, and become more empathatic people. It’s a myth that homeschoolers are trapped at home all the time. You can read more in the book The Well-Adjusted Child: The Social Benefits of Homeschooling.
I also heartily recommend the book The Little Book Of Big Reasons To Homeschool.
Heisman Winner Tim Tebow